Wednesday, March 24, 2010

GAHH! *pulls hair out*

So, I'm up to 9 articles on Suite101, and I need another six to finish their '15 articles in 15 days' contest. Even if I don't win (which I won't) it'll give me a good article base to start with so I can take a breather. The contract for Suite is 10 articles every 3 months, so...I'll have until June to write more *lol* I'll definitely write more before then, but at least I'll allow myself to slow down a bit.

On the noveling front, I've slacked on writing it. I'm thinking about it all the time, but I've put my focus into Suite articles for now. After the two Seders for Passover I'll be able to actually sit down and write for more than a few minutes at a time, and I'm sure by the end of the first two days I'll be ITCHING to write again. It's very very hard for me to not write on Shabbos and Yom Tov, very hard.

I've also accepted that I won't get an answer back from the wilderness school I e-mailed late last week. I asked if I could get information about the daily lives of students and staff (general stuff like routines and the like) but no reply. I might try again, but not until I have the time to think more about it.

Also, after Passover I'm going to be hitting up a friend or my sister to come with me to an AA meeting for some reconnaissance, so I can get the feel of what the meetings are like. Writing a recovered (and then later relapsed) alcoholic for my story will require some research. I did write about it lots on the RPG board, but I want to really get into realism here, and the stuff on the board was all me guessing what it's like without actually knowing much about it. All I know about meetings and the like comes from TV shows and movies and hearsay...I want facts. I want to know what it's like to be in that room, listening to people talk about their addictions. The atmosphere is important to being able to clearly picture the situation I'm writing. What is that, method writing?

Anyway, bedtime soon. I'll go play with my hamster (who probly hates me now 'cause I haven't played with him all day o.o) and get some writing done. If my DS doesn't lure me away with its siren call of Mario Party *shifty eyes*

No comments:

Post a Comment