Sunday, June 6, 2010

Soundtrack

For those familiar with my earlier fanfic writing phase (not too many of those around now o.o) I have ALWAYS used music as inspiration for what I write. Always. And I always have a secret stash of songs that fit perfectly for what I'm writing, to haul out for re-kindling muse when I need it most. I have a ton of those for this work too, and they seem to be piling up on me. While creating a playlist for myself, I decided I might as well share these songs :) Some of them are so perfect for the story it's scary, and they are all about different characters, parts or aspects of the story. And so here is a (partial) list. More will most definitely be added as the story evolves.

Character Songs

Lovers Walk - Elvis Costello
I Will Survive - Cake (yes, THIS version. It's Nish all over)
Bad Romance - Lady GaGa
Shy - Ani Difranco
Overlap - Ani Difranco
Falling Is Like This - Ani Difranco
Untouchable Face - Ani Difranco
Crucify - Tori Amos
Them vs. You vs. Me - Finger Eleven
Dead Leaves on the Dirty Ground - The White Stripes
Bad - U2
Stay (Faraway, So Close) - U2

The entire album 'Lost and Gone Forever' by Guster, but especially:

Either Way
I Spy
Two Points For Honesty

Story Theme Songs

Buildings and Bridges - Ani Difranco
Out of Range - Ani Difranco
Both Hands- Ani Difranco
For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield
Mahna Mahna - Cake
Mad World - Roland Orzabal
Tainted Love - Marlyn Manson (ONLY this version)
Thousand Mile Wish - Finger Eleven
One Thing - Finger Eleven
Blue Orchid - The White Stripes
Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones
Rock'n'Roll Part 2 - Glitter
Lay It Down Slow - Spiritualized


This vid for 'Two Points For Honesty (Guster)' is absolutely perfect...the pictures are great muse enhancers and a lot of them go with the theme of the story :D

That's it for now, but there'll more later, I'm sure. This is what's in my iPod at the moment though, and what I listen to to refill my muse-o-meter ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment